Welcome to Delta – the new Fishawack Health magazine.
We’ve chosen to focus our first edition of the magazine on a topic close to our hearts, rare diseases.
Rare diseases represent an incredibly high unmet need, not only due to the lack of therapies and the practical difficulties in diagnosis, but also in patients’ desire for better knowledge, communication, and more meaningful relationships with their healthcare professionals.
As our rare disease specialist agency Dudnyk says: “We are seeing a growing separation between healthcare professionals and patients. The impact of this great divide in understanding is negatively affecting the treatment experience—for both sides—as well as severely limiting the trajectory of specialty healthcare brands.”
The dynamic between patients and healthcare professionals, combined with the challenges of patient identification and data generation in tiny patient populations (made even more challenging in a global pandemic), means rare disease drug development and launch requires a unique business model.
In this edition of Delta, our consultants, creatives and medical communications experts explore the challenges and opportunities for life science companies operating in rare disease, including:
- Navigating real-world evidence and why it could be a gamechanger in rare disease
- A patient’s account of living with a rare disease in the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to make an impact in small patient populations
- The lessons Dan Zaksas, PhD, Senior Vice President, Director of Scientific and Medical Affairs at Dudnyk, has learned during a decade working in rare diseases
- Why you need to build relationships with KOLs and patients much earlier than you think
- The lasting implications of COVID-19 on the life science industry.
We hope you enjoy the first edition of Delta. If you would like to find out how we can help you solve a specific life science challenge, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org