If you’re looking for creative February social media ideas in 2022 then you’ve found them. This post is packed with Social Media Holidays for February, with plenty of images, social video ideas, GIFs and more!
BY DONNA MORITZ | UPDATED DECEMBER, 2021
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
You’ll find popular and international holidays as well as crazy and unusual days of celebration. And there are literally dozens of ideas – updated for 2022!
We have listed social media holidays for each day of the week. And we’ve also included a list of tools and ideas you can return to at any time for later reference!
What Comes With The February Social Media Ideas?
I’ve included the following in this post full of February Social Media Ideas:
- a quick reference guide to social media holidays for each month. We’ve added them to a handy infographic!
- an overview of February social media ideas. This includes what you can create and how to share them. Use them for images, GIFs, videos and more!
- a list of tools and resources to help you create visuals for Social Media Holidays. Use our Social Media Content Calendar to help you!
Tips for Creating February Content Ahead of Time (in a Snap!)
Creating content can be hard and takes time, but if you schedule ahead and do a few simple things, it makes it much much easier for you.
In fact, with just a few key strategies you can have a month’s worth of content created and scheduled out in very little time at all. Here are my tips for doing that, especially when it comes to creating video:
- Use a template. There are plenty of templates available on the tools I’ve recommended below. Use one of them and use it to guide you. Why spend ages creating a cool design, when you are not a designer? Instead, use a design that a designer has already signed off on, and edit the template. Edit just the text or photo or color. Don’t go too crazy as then you run the risk of ruining the design (sorry, but it’s true and that goes for me too!).
- Create in batches. If you are going to get into a creative space that results in you creating one social video (this applies to images too), why not create two videos? or three videos? or 10-20 images? It’s much easier to create a bunch of videos in one sitting than to do them all at separate times. You have the tools open and ready to go. Keep going and do another one!
- Create short, snappy video for social media – it doesn’t have to be an hour long. 15-30 seconds is enough. For more advice about how to create effective 15-second videos, check out this post.
- Create some easily consumed content. For example, image quotes, tips or observational humour are great for engagement, especially on Facebook where people are just scrolling through content at a rapid pace.
- Use GIFs to add some personality. Whether you create your own GIFs (I’ve added tips below) or you use one of the millions of GIFs in the Giphy library, adding a GIF to a social media post, email or blog post can add humour and personality to the mix.
Canva Templates + 45 Days Free Trial on Canva Pro
Get started by using the Canva templates in this post (both Free for all Canva users, and Free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. Try it free for 45 days on this link:
Quick Guide Infographic to February Social Ideas & Holidays
Here’s a quick reference guide to some of the most important February Social Media Holidays for 2022… so you can share it or save it to Pinterest for later reference:
Want the full 2022 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click here.
I’ve included at least one “day” or holiday for every day in February list of social media ideas and holidays. I’ve also included hashtags, tools, tips and resources for creating visual content in 2022. This post will be updated annually to check dates. We’ll also add content as we create or discover it. So keep it bookmarked to refer back to!
1. Change Your Password Day – #ChangeYourPasswordDay. We all need a reminder to update our passwords, right?
It’s also National Get Up Day – this day is all about stories of perseverance, and picking ourselves up when we’ve fallen to give it another go. Even if you don’t mention this day itself, it’s a good reminder to share something about persisting with your goals:
2. Groundhog Day – #GroundhogDay. Today is a good day to share a movie clip from the movie Groundhog Day, a quote or maybe a Fun Fact about what Groundhog day actually is!
3. National Carrot Cake Day #CarrotCake – there’s something enticing about a cake that completely hides the fact that it is based on carrots. Double the cream cheese frosting please!
4. World Cancer Day #WorldCancerDay
It’s also Wear Red Day (US) – held on the first Friday in February.
5. National Chocolate Fondue Day #ChocolateFondueDay in case you need some chocolate. And if you need more chocolate, it’s also World Nutella Day.
6. National Frozen Yoghurt Day – #FrozenYoghurtDay.
7. National Send a Card to a Friend Day – #SendACardToAFriendDay. Send a physical card to a friend, like this “Make Waves” card template in Canva:
8. National Boy Scouts Day – #BoyScoutsDay and World Whale Day.
9. World Pizza Day – #NationalPizzaDay
10. National Cream Cheese Brownie Day – #CreamCheeseBrownies
11. Get Out Your Guitar Day and Inventors Day #InventorsDay
12. International Darwin Day (Charles Darwin) #InternationalDarwinDay #DarwinDay.
13. National Tortellini Day #TortelliniDay
And guess what? It’s also Super Bowl Sunday! #Superbow #SuperbowlSunday. Share content around the Super Bowl and whatever you are doing to catch the football for Superbowl.
14. Valentine’s Day is here! What list of February Social Media Ideas would be complete without Valentine’s Day, right? Share a Valentine’s Day themed image like this one:
It’s also National Football Hangover Day – #NationalFootballHangoverDay. Do we need to say why this is a day after the Superbowl?
15. Singles Awareness Day #SinglesAwarenessDay
16. Tim Tam Day #TimTamDay in Australia
Not sure what a Tim Tam is? Check out this video that my friends at J29 Creative made after I sent them a gift of some Aussie treats!
17. Random Acts of Kindness Day #KindnessDay. Find out more at this website.
Kindness is a choice. Encourage and be supportive of others:
18. National Drink Wine Day #DrinkWineDay. Share a fun wine-inspired post:
19. National Chocolate Mint Day #ChocolateMintDay
20. Love your Pet Day #LoveYourPetDay. Share a pet or animal inspired post. Use this animal shelter video template to showcase your pet business or your favorite pet!
21. International Mother Language Day #IMLD
Whatever your language skills, take the time to highlight other languages and mother languages today. It’s a day to ask your audience to share what their 1st language is or maybe thank them in another language!
22. National Margarita Day #NationalMargaritaDay
Have some fun with some margarita-themed posts… Cheers!
23. World Understanding and Peace Day #WorldUnderstandingAnd PeaceDay.
24. World Bartender Day #WorldBartenderDay. Share your favourite drink mix or how about a quiz based on your favorite drinks:
Its also National Chili Day (4th Thursday in February). Note: Chilli is spelled as “Chilli” in British English.
25. National Chocolate-Covered Nuts Day #ChocolateCoveredNuts.
26. National Pistachio Day #PistachioDay and International Stand up to Bullying Day (also celebrated on 3rd Friday in November).
27. National Retro Day #RetroDay.
Celebrate with some retro clothes, toys, games or music! Break out the Fleetwood Mac!
It’s also Strawberry Day for all of you that love this juicy sweet red fruit!
28. Floral Design Day – #FloralDesignDay & International Stand up to Bullying Day (also celebrated on 3rd February in November). It’s also National Toast day (the humble toasted bread) #NationalToastDay.
It’s also Chocolate Soufflé Day – because we should always end with chocolate at the end of the month.
Tips for using this post filled with February Social Media Ideas
- Create a social video based around the holiday in question – do a Top 5 list, a how-to video, behind the scenes of your business (related to that holiday), a tutorial, or a quote video. Get creative! Is it Pizza Day? Do a video about Pizza Fun Facts!
- Create a fun GIF that reflects the holiday in question. Or share a GIF, direct from Giphy
- Create an image-based around the holiday – a quote, meme, saying, tip, photo or image that reflects the celebration day or image with text overlay.
You are only limited by your imagination for your 2022 February content calendar.
Here’s a quick list of February month-long holidays to dive into to find week-long social media ideas:
- African Heritage and Health week (7 days starting February 1st)
- National Patient Recognition Week (7 days starting February 1st)
- National Women’s Heart Week (7 Days starting February 1st)
- National Hearth Month (US)
- Creative Romance Month
- National Black History Month
- Celebration of Chocolate Month
- Cherry Month
- Snack Food Month
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Macadamia Nut Month
- Library Lovers Month
- Low Vision Awareness Month
Here’s a couple of quick and easy tips for creating images in Canva for 2022 content:
1. Use templates
The templates I have shared in this post are just the tip of the iceberg. Want more templates? Follow me on Canva to see 100s of additional templates (including new templates as I release them). Available for both Free Users of Canva and Pro Users.
2. Create Videos
Canva now has an amazing video feature that allows you to easily add animations to your designs (text, object and whole-page animations) as well as adding videos and transitions. It’s fast becoming an excellent alternative to other video tools so be sure to play with it!
3. Get More Calendar Ideas!
Check out my complete 2022 calendar post for more 2022 Social Media Calendar ideas! You can read it here.
Over to You
Do you schedule your content ahead? What are your Favourite February Social Media holidays and have we missed any?
Donna is a Visual Content Strategist and founder of Socially Sorted, listed by Forbes as a “Top 5 Social Media Blog You Need to Know About in 2019”. Donna helps brands leverage the power of visual storytelling and content strategy in their business. Her content has been featured in publications such as Forbes and Entrepreneur Online and she is a contributor to Social Media Examiner. Donna speaks about digital and visual content for the marketing and tourism industries internationally.